Doing business in the Netherlands
You want to do business in the Netherlands – an excellent choice! The Netherlands is internationally known for its entrepreneurial spirit and out-of-the-box thinking.
The Netherlands is one of the most open economies in the world and among the best countries in terms of technology and innovation. It offers an excellent infrastructure – including the largest port in Europe – a competitive business climate and a well-educated workforce. The Dutch tax system offers various tax incentives to stimulate innovation and business activities, and as an internationally oriented country, the Netherlands hosts many highly skilled foreign workers.
From life sciences & health to creative industries, the Netherlands is home to thriving industrial clusters driven by talent, innovation and collaboration. Some of the largest and fastest growing companies in each sector have chosen the Netherlands as their gateway to Europe.
So you are in good company!
Below is a short list of what the Netherlands has achieved in various fields:
- Agrifood – NL is the world’s 2nd largest exporter after the US
- Together with Denmark, the Netherlands is leading the way in agricultural production efficiency ‘precision farming’ – The Netherlands has the world’s best university for agriculture.
- The Netherlands has the world’s best university for agricultural sciences – category agriculture and forestry (Wageningen University)
- Logistics – The Netherlands ranked 1st in the DHL Global Connectedness Index (2020) – The Netherlands is known for its excellent knowledge of logistics, innovative transport and logistics concepts and supply chain management –
- Rotterdam is the maritime capital of Europe and the 10th container port in the world (2020) .
- The Port of Rotterdam is one of the strongest refining and chemical clusters in the world – High-tech clusters for industrial biotechnology, fine chemicals and high-performance materials – World-class R&D institutes for fundamental and applied research, such as TNO and the universities of Delft, Eindhoven, Twente and Wageningen High Tech Systems – World leader in the development of new technologies and materials for use in communication systems, aircraft and cars, medical equipment, energy generation and semiconductor production
- The Netherlands has the largest inland shipping fleet in Europe – Schiphol, Schiphol is 2nd on the list of busiest airports in Europe and 3rd on the list of largest airports in Europe
- The Netherlands has a top position in renewable energy R&D, especially in wind turbine technology – The Netherlands is home to several major international offshore wind initiatives, including Gemini Offshore Wind Park, one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world –
- Not to mention that Eindhoven is one of the most concentrated life sciences regions in the world, the Dutch Life Sciences & Health community includes 2,900 R&D life sciences companies of which 420 are high-income, 900 life sciences companies of which 420 are biopharmaceutical companies –
- The Netherlands has 26 campuses, 8 university medical centres and 13 universities dedicated to life sciences research – The Netherlands has more than 300 public-private partnerships in the field of life sciences and health – The Netherlands ranks first worldwide in terms of patent applications for medical technology, biotechnology and pharmaceutical patents – Number 1 importer and exporter of medical equipment in Europe.
The Netherlands is the place to be!
ACG will be pleased to help you on your way in the Netherlands, both legally and by making our extensive network available, so that you can do business successfully in the Netherlands.
Contact us and we will help you on your way! Call us (+31 20 800 64 00) or send an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make an appointment, we are looking forward to talking to you!