Attorney Consulting Group International B.V. (hereinafter referred to as “ACG International”, “our” or “we”) respects your privacy and processes your personal data in the capacity of controller in accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter: the “GDPR”).
• What personal data we collect and how we collect it;
• for what purposes and for what reasons we process your personal data;
• how long we retain your personal data;
• with whom we share your personal data;
• what rights you have as a data subject;
• how to contact us.
ACG International processes your personal data because you use the services of ACG International and/or because you have provided these data to ACG International yourself. We may, among other things, process the following personal data:
• Basic data such as your first and last name, prefix, title;
• contact details such as your e-mail address, postal address, phone number and bank account number;
• all other personal data that you provide to us or that we can obtain in connection with the purposes and on the basis of the principles as stated below.
We collect these personal data because you have provided it to us. For example, you provide data when entering into an agreement with us, by entering your details on our website or by giving us your business card. We may also obtain your personal data from other sources, such as another lawyer, counterparties, the Trade Register, the Land Registry or by using public sources.
Purposes and principles for the processing of personal data
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
• To provide our legal services;
• for handling your payment;
• to meet our legal obligations and requirements;
• for marketing activities, such as newsletters and other marketing communication that may be of interest to you;
• if we are legally obliged to do so, such as data we need for our tax return.
We process your personal data based on one or more of the following legal principles:
• The execution of an agreement;
• compliance with a legal obligation;
• justified interest;
• your permission.
ACG International does not take decisions based on automated processing on matters that can have (significant) consequences for persons. These are decisions taken by computer programs or computer systems, without the involvement of a person.
Sharing of data with others
ACG International does not sell your data to third parties. In certain cases, we may share your personal data with third parties, including but not limited to:
• Third parties relevant to the legal services we provide, such as counterparties, other lawyers, courts, regulatory authorities and government agencies.
• Third parties such as regulators and other authorities, to comply with legal obligations.
Third parties to whom we provide your personal data are responsible for compliance with the privacy legislation. ACG International is not responsible nor liable for the processing of your personal data by these third parties. Insofar as a third party processes your personal data in the capacity of a processor of ACG International, ACG International will enter into a processing agreement with this third party which agreement meets the requirements set out in the GDPR, to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality of your data.
If in the context of providing our services to you it is necessary to provide your personal data to a recipient in a country outside the European Economic Area, ACG International will ensure that such transfer of data is in accordance with the applicable rules and regulations.
ACG International has taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against loss, destruction, damage, modification or disclosure. If you have any questions about the security of your personal data, or if there are any indications of abuse, please contact us via 020-800.64.00 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to view, correct or delete your personal data. In addition, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the data processing or to object to the processing of your personal data by ACG International and you have to right to data portability. This means that you can submit a request to us to send your personal data that we have available to you or to another organization mentioned by you in a computer file. You can submit a request for inspection, rectification, deletion, data transfer of your personal data or a request for cancellation of your consent or objection to the processing of your personal data to email@example.com. You must take into account that circumstances may arise in which we are competent not to comply with your request, for example because of legal privilege. In order to ensure that the request for inspection is done by you, we ask you to send a copy of your identity card with the request. Black out your photo, MRZ (machine readable zone; the strip with numbers at the bottom of the identity card), identity card number and citizen service number in this copy. This is to protect your privacy. We will respond as quickly as possible, but in any case within four weeks, to your request. ACG International also wishes to point out that you have the possibility to file a complaint with the national supervisory authority, the Dutch Data Protection Authority (“Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens”). To this end you can use the following link: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/zelf-doen/privacyrechten/klacht-indienen-bij-de-ap.
For further information or questions or complaints regarding the processing of your personal data you can contact us in writing via: firstname.lastname@example.org of ACG International B.V., Amstelveenseweg 500, 1081 KL Amsterdam.